Sunday, June 13, 2010

Update on a project

Remember when I got all inspired and gave you a sneak peak at my hairbrained idea for curtains?
Well, I forgot to show you the nearly finished product. I couldn't wait any longer.  Having a plain white curtain hanging up just looked too blah for me.  So I took the few vintage hankies I had and attached them.  I'm thinking four more would be perfect but we'll see.  After I got it all done, I thought it needed more color so I tied some red grosgrain ribbon on top.  Voila!

I probably should have waited to take pictures until evening when the sun was not coming through the sliding glass door in order to get better shots, but I'm sure I'll have more to post later.  
I also realize I forgot to take a picture of the whole curtain opened up because we rarely have it pulled all the way across (whoops!!).  You'll have to take my word for it...they look great! :) It's a fun splash of color and adds to the vintage-y feel I was going for in the kitchen.  


Blog Archive