Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Take a hike!



A couple weekends back, we took advantage of the gorgeous January weather (and the plateau behind our house) to take the kids for a short hike.  The views were stunning (I love the snow covered mountains in the distance), and the kids had a great time.







I was on "alert" the whole time because at the entrance to the trail there's a sign that says, "Mountain Lion sighted.  Be cautious with children and pets!"  Um, ok.  Anyone know what you're supposed to do if you see a mountain lion??

Thankfully we did NOT see any mountain lions (phew!). About halfway through, I stepped in some old muddy tire tracks and twisted my ankle and knee.  It wasn't bad, but it made the hills a bit more challenging.  Reagan, Bailey and I went as far as we could, and Brian took Skylar a little farther up.










We loved getting out and enjoying the day (and the kids slept great that night!).

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Heather!!! Sooooooo pretty....okay the Lion thing...nope..not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I would be freaked out by the mountain lion sign too! Hope your ankle is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very beautiful!! Where were you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Sorry about your ankle and knee, but it looks you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a view!
    And I love it when we wear the kids out and they sleep well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment! Make sure you have your email linked to your account so I can respond via email!

Followers

Blog Archive

Statcounter