Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love is a gift

I've sat down at least a dozen times to write in the last five months and something has always stopped me.  At times, it was my own bad attitude and I didn't want a post of whining and complaining.  A few times I have opened the computer and honestly felt like I had nothing to say, so I closed it again.  But now, as I dust powdered sugar from they keyboard, there's a new peace in my heart, and a desire to just write.

I won't relive in detail, the internal struggles I have faced over the last several months, but I will share that God is so good.  I had to hit my knees in exhaustion to finally surrender.  I will say that the tides of change are coming and I am filled with hopeful anticipation about the future.  I am returning to the things that I love.  I'm spending more time with my kids, making memories, and just being with them instead of around them.  I'm going to write.  A friend once told me that if the Lord made you LOVE something, then it's a gift.  I love to write, so I need to cherish the gift He gave me.  It won't be everyday.  It may not be every week.  But it won't be 5 months inbetween.

I have a sign in my house that says "simplify." I'm going to do just that.  I have stepped down from my roles in ministry and I am going to focus on the ministry of raising my girls and keeping a happy Christ-centered home.  Afterall, with kids in the house, the days may be long, but the years are short. I think that's how the saying goes.

Someday I'll tell you about the wonderful family vacation we took in August.  But for now, here's a sweet picture of my blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are back! Hope everything is ok..... Your girls are all just so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still just sick that we didn't get to meet up. I am so so sorry about that. I know how much fun all of our girls would've had together. And I'm pretty sure we'd have had a good visit too! ;) I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you. I need to simplify around here too. Because, you're right, the days may be long, but they years are flyin' right by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm so happy to see your blog pop up in my reader. I miss you so much, so I love every bit of you I can get. I, too, have been crafting blogs in my head or opening blogger to write, but then I just do something else. I have one drafted right now that i'll post soon. Anyway, I'm proud of you for simplifying. That's hard in our "have it all" world, but so important. I love the new blog header, too! Please give the girls kisses and hugs from the AJs here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are back!! That picture is beautiful. I was just thinking today about how during our hard seasons where the words don't come easily, that makes the words so much richer on the other side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simplicity is so hard for some reason. It takes a focused mind or you're off in a ditch before you cross the start line. I think Michael and I just can't decide what exactly simplicity means. I'm glad you're back on your blog. Be encouraged that all of us missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment! Make sure you have your email linked to your account so I can respond via email!

Followers

Blog Archive

Statcounter