Wednesday, April 28, 2010

out of the mouths of babes

The last few days have been spent tending to a very feverish 2 year old.  She was exposed to hand, foot, mouth disease so I'm pretty much waiting to see if this high fever turns into it.  Praying it doesn't.  I need to grocery shop and clean but she's clingy and wants a lot of mommy's attention so I'm perfecting my snuggling.  But that doesn't mean I can't blog :)

Here are a few fun things heard around our house lately:

Skylar: Mommy, you forgot to get me a straw.
Me: No, I didn't forget. I just haven't got to it yet.  I'm goin as fast as I can sweetheart.
Skylar: (pauses for moment) If you had roller skates on, I bet you could go faster.
(how do you argue with that logic???)

Bailey: (while staring out the sliding glass door) Mommy! Look!
Me: What is it baby?
Bailey: Jesus! He coming!
Me: (a little panicked and running to the door) I don't see anyone out there love.
Bailey: No see Jesus?
Me: No,  I don't see him.
Bailey: (looking outside again)...ooooh, no Jesus.  Jest a waget ("wagon" in Bailey-speak).

At the breakfast table:
Skylar: I had a bad dream last night and I was scared.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry.  But remember that we don't have to be afraid because God is always with us and He takes away all our fears.
Reagan: Yah Skylar.  Fear is sin.  You just need to pray and it will go away.
(Seriously...from the mouth of a 6 year old.)

While Bailey was resting on the couch next to me, I turned on Dancing with the Stars.  She perked up and said "Dancing uh Stars!" and then proceeded to dance around in front of the television while taking her clothes off.  Uh oh!

I hope your week is going well.

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious about her seeing Jesus coming!! Love it!! At least she provides a little comic relief these past few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reagan sounds exactly like my Sierra. It must just be in the job description of a first-born to be motherly, matter-of-fact, and {at least for Sierra} a little bossy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Bailey will see Jesus before most of the rest of us. I hope she feels better soon! Please give her a kiss from AntAnna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh Heather! Seriously, Bailey's "Jesus is coming" conversation is hilarious! So glad you wrote all of those down! :) Hope your sweet baby girl is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment! Make sure you have your email linked to your account so I can respond via email!

Followers

Blog Archive

Statcounter