Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



For many, 2009 was a year they are ready to forget (especially if their facebook statuses are any indication).  I'm indifferent.

We had our fair share of trials, but we were blessed beyond our measure.  A lot of folks are still reeling from the drop in the housing market.  But that drop is what allowed us to become homeowners again.  There are more and more folks looking for jobs, and fewer jobs to be had.  So we are grateful for Brian's job and the security it brings (especially since we are a single income family!).  Our girls helped us make amazing memories last year.  That doesn't mean I want to do the last year over again by any means.  I've had my fill of medical drama, moving, and political disgust.  I am just praying that 2010 is a bit more boring.  :)  Of course 2009 went out with a bang.  We had a wonderful Christmas with the girls and my family.  Brian gave me an amazing new camera and I'm thrilled!! I can't wait to take more pictures!!


Reagan opening the ONE thing she REALLY wanted (My Little Pony Gumball House)





Bailey trying on my new boots (she got a pair of her own but mine were far more exciting!)


The obligatory "kids in front of the tree" shot.  Bailey did have red jammies but I don't remember why she wasn't wearing them.



Three days after Christmas, my mom and I were talking on the phone and her words started to slur.  She said "I think I'm having a stroke" and then something about calling her later.  My dad rushed her to the ER and thankfully the stroke was mild.  She spent a few days in the hospital so my dad and I juggled time between my grandmother (who requires constant care) and time with my mom.  My amazing husband stayed home with our three blessings.  She is home now and recovering.  We thank the Lord that she made such huge progress in the short time she was in the hospital and that she was home before the new year.  She still has some progress to make but I am confident that she will make a complete and total recovery.  I think we're all ready to start this new year with a clean slate.

I'm not usually one to have a new year's resolution, but this year I am giving it a whirl.  Here goes:
1) We will continue to eat healthy and add more organic, healthy foods to our diet.
2) I want to be more organized.  I plan to go through every room in our house over the course of the year and purge items we do not need and organize the ones we do.
2) I want to have a huge yard sale to sell our purged items.
3) I want to exercise more frequently.
4) I want to enjoy the "now" more.  I get caught up in the "five years from now" and forget to enjoy today while my girls are small (and still think we're cool).
5) I want to read through the Bible in its entirety.

If nothing else, 2009 has taught me that this life is precious and fleeting.  We have to take advantage of each day we are given.  Hug more.  Smile more.  Use gentle words.  Most importantly, share my story of the grace I am given every day by Christ alone.  If it were not for that, this precious fleeting life would mean nothing.  

I pray that each of you begin this new year filled with hope! I'm looking forward to what's in store for our family this year!!

4 comments:

  1. So glad your mom is recovering well - happy new year! Loved the pictures of your little ones. Emily LOVES shoes as well and I know she would have been trying mine on (if I'd gotten any) just like Bailey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital and doing well. That sounds so scary, especially to be on the phone with her when it happened.

    Oh- and please let me know when that yard sale is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that your mother is improving. How scary!! I am so not ready for those issues with my parents. I depend on them so much and can't imagine them not able.

    I am so excited to have an accountability partner for my new year goals. I look forward to chatting with you about our progress.

    Praying that your family has a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your mom is doing better! How scary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment! Make sure you have your email linked to your account so I can respond via email!

Followers

Blog Archive

Statcounter