Thursday, September 10, 2009

And a half

Remember how important that "half" is when you're little and people ask how old you are?

"I'm six...and a half!" We are so eager to get to that next birthday! I told the girls the other day that I was 32 and a half and they just laughed. I guess at some point it gets silly to keep counting in "halves." :)

If you follow me on facebook, you know that a few days ago was Bailey's "half birthday." She's s a year AND A HALF now!

She's not at all the same child she was six months ago. So, here's my celebration of her half birthday. It's also nice to say she's one and a half instead of 17 months.

Lately her vocabulary is exploding. She talks all the time and I understand a lot of what she says. Some of my favorites are:

I need more.
Need a drink.
one, two, three, go!
aww, cute baby!
DIDI!! (what she calls Reagan)
GYLAR! (what she calls Skylar)
Hi Yaya (my mom)
peeeeeeeese (please)
Day-du (thank you)
Shooooooooos!! (shoes)
get book?
Stinky!
uh-oh! oh no!
My seat! (usually pertains to her highchair, her carseat, and the stroller)

I'm quickly realizing that my "baby" is turning into a toddler. I love that she's learning so much and growing but part of me longs for that little baby (that didn't climb on things, or run away when I try to change her).

She is so different from our other girls and we love watching her little personality emerge. She wants to do everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that her big sisters do. She brings so much joy and laughter to our home. It was a rough pregnancy and during delivery things got very scary. We are so grateful that the Lord blessed us with her and protected her during the whole thing. I can't imagine our family without her.


Two days before she arrived. Seriously! She was only 6 pounds, 3 ounces! It looked like I was carrying three babies!



After they got her screaming a bit and she wasn't so blue


Three months old-when she decided against the binky and opted for her thumb (which she stopped using by five months old)


Six months old showing off her sitting skills


Nine months old-Her first Christmas. Her favorite thing to do was take the skirt off the bottom of the tree and walk around with it like a blanket. I should have known. She loves all things "silky."


At one year!


At 15 months (in the middle of our move)


18 months!!!!


Happy half birthday baby!

3 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie! I wish my Owen was talking that much! boys - he seems far more interested in chasing his sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...what a great post and pictures of your baby! Makes me sad to realize in only a month and a half my baby will be where Bailey is now. So fun to keep up with what she's saying and up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!! Happy Half Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment! Make sure you have your email linked to your account so I can respond via email!

Followers

Blog Archive

Statcounter